Tuesday, April 15, 2014

a space that conceals

Along with color, I love drawers.  My coffee table will have five that will open from both sides.....thanks Jim Budlong.  When someone asks me what I'll put in them, I say nothing.  No remote, no keys, no magazines, or whatever one puts into a space that conceals.  The drawers will be functional but with their contrasting woods to show off the hand-cut dovetails and the parquetry bottoms, they will become the focal point of the table.  So why would I want to clutter up something that takes so much time and thoughtfulness to create? 








Keeping my drawers empty, keeps my life simple.

















 The latest in student work:


Tim Lundholm





















Jim Creger (photo bombed by James Meinders)























No comments:

Post a Comment